On July 18, near Yuhuang Villa in Hangzhou, an electric bicycle suddenly caught fire while driving.
A father and daughter on the electric car were seriously burned and were being treated in hospital.
At that time, the cyclist was a middle-aged man sitting in the back seat with his daughter on fire.
The father and daughter were surrounded by the fire in an instant and faced the sudden scene.
The passing citizens reacted quickly in 10 seconds.
The security guards, passers-by and passing drivers stood out in succession.
The security guards took fire extinguishers and rushed to the scene.
Everyone worked together for 1 minute to put out the fire quickly.
The reporter learned from the witnesses at the scene, The cause of the fire may be the sudden explosion of the battery of the electric bicycle, which caused the personnel on the vehicle to escape and injured.
It is understood that at the time of the fire, a family of three were riding along Yuhuang Mountain Road.
Two battery cars, father and daughter riding in front, mother alone behind.
Suddenly, the father’s car with his daughter’s battery made a loud noise, and a fire immediately sprang up.
The father and daughter were immediately surrounded by the fire.
“Too poor, my father and daughter were burned.
The little girl was badly injured.” The security guard at the back door of the nursing home, Master Zhuang, sighed at the wreckage of the battery car.
He said that he didn’t want to recall the scene at that time.
“I didn’t dare to look carefully.” Here, Master Zhuang used two bottles of fire extinguishers to put out the fire.
There, the girl’s father borrowed a fire extinguisher from nearby, bearing the severe pain of the burn.
The staff of Yuhuang Villa also carried the fire extinguisher to help.
The fire basically went out before the firefighters arrived.
“The three members of a family have different degrees of burns.
The mother is in good condition, and the daughter is the most serious,” said an investigator at the scene.
The injured girl, Qi Qi, was born in August 2014, and should be in the second grade of primary school in September.
At more than 9:00 last night, my mother said: “It happened that my parents had a rest in the morning, and they were going to the bookstore with my child to buy her some extracurricular books.”.
The girl originally took her mother’s electric car, but before she left, her mother suddenly thought of getting a citizen card and wanted to apply for a library card for her child, so the girl moved to her father’s car.
“She used to ride in my car.
She said that she preferred to sit behind her mother.” At 9:30 pm on the 18th, the reporter learned that Qi Qi’s operation had been completed, but she could not come out.
She needed to continue observation in the surgical intensive care unit.
According to the uncle of injured girl Qi Qi, the hospital has issued three critical notices so far.
Many families stayed up all night.
The reporter also learned from the West Lake Scenic Area Branch of the Hangzhou Municipal Market Supervision Bureau that the relevant staff of the Market Supervision Bureau will ask the family members about the purchase location of electric vehicles and whether they are 3C certified products.
The reporter will follow up on this matter.
The West Lake scenic spot will also conduct a comprehensive inspection of the electric vehicle sales and maintenance business units within its jurisdiction.
Expert: There is a great probability that the lithium battery will explode inside! The mother of the burned girl told the reporter that the self-ignition electric car is not a low-brand electric car.
It is purchased by a brand electric car store, and the battery is also replaced by the store.
The head of the power supply department of the research and development center of a well-known electric bicycle brand in Zhejiang Province said after watching the video of electric vehicle spontaneous combustion yesterday, that this situation is most likely caused by lithium batteries.
He said that in the current market, electric vehicle batteries are mainly lithium batteries, as well as lead-acid batteries.
Since April 2019, the country has issued a new national standard, and the weight of the whole electric vehicle shall not exceed 55 kg.
Lead-acid batteries are relatively heavy, and the weight of the whole vehicle is difficult to reach 55 kg.
Therefore, most electric vehicles on the market currently use lighter lithium batteries.
The 48-volt, 12-ampere-hour (capacity) lead-acid battery weighs about 16.4kg, while the same standard lithium battery weighs only 4kg.
“The organic substance of the electrolyte in the lithium battery (lithium hexafluorophosphate) is flammable.
Its positive electrode is lithium ion, and its negative electrode is graphite.
Generally, lithium ion is embedded in the positive electrode.
When fully charged, if there is a short circuit, it is easy to cause lithium precipitation.
In addition, its chemical properties are relatively active, and it cannot contact with oxygen in the air.
Once contacted, it is easy to cause thermal runaway and chemical reaction is relatively violent (such as explosion) Electric cars are also easy to burn.
“In addition, when the lithium battery electric vehicle is running, in the case of discharge, due to the inconsistent battery voltage, the single battery is over-discharged, which may also cause heat or explosion.
In the past, the electric vehicle will smoke first, and why the fire suddenly started this time? The person in charge said, it depends on which part of the lithium battery is self-ignited, or what is the specific cause, such as the electric bicycle fire, from the monitoring screen It is likely that there was an explosion inside the lithium battery at that time.
The person in charge reminded that when using an electric bicycle in high temperature, first of all, it can’t be charged for a long time, as long as 80% of the power is guaranteed.
The battery must be replaced at the original store (brand store).
It is better to replace the charger at the same time.
Because the voltage and current requirements are different, it is easy to cause some battery failures when the mismatched charger is charged.
The most important thing is not to take it home for charging.
In case of an accident, the consequences at home will be more serious.